Saturday, August 21, 2010

A Selection of Warhammer Miniatures from this Year

Beyond roleplaying in the Old World I have been known on occassion to get in a few good games of Warhammer Fantasy Battles in which I play a Stirland Empire Army for the most part though I have been tempted to work on a Skaven Army recently. By play Warhammer I really mean paint miniatures and game on very rare occassion (though considerably more lately) I haven't tried the 8th edition of the rules but it has some curious aspects (nessessary perhaps not, but curious for sure), that might be fun to fiddle around with in the near future. Anyway on to some pictures, any comments are more than apprechiated!

A Skaven Screaming Bell I completed in July I really enjoyed the Rat Ogre and painting the delapatated wood bits.

A view from the front focusing on the nifty warpstone smoke.

A few close ups of the Grey Seer and the Rat Ogre (Seer's in the photo may be brighter than they appear)

Now for something completely different...


This is a very old giant model from Games Workshop that I did up for my housemate back in January of this year. I wanted to toy around with making his shirt resemble banners from provinces he could have fought in as well as a few from his orc and goblin allies, and one from Bretonia for good measure.

A close up shot of his face and beedy little eyes, man is the fella ugly!

Now for a bit of Empire to round this post off...


This is Heinrich Schaffer, my rather excentric wizard of the maccabre Amythest Order of magick, I had  a good deal of fun on his scythe and in the scribblings of Morrslieb's cycles in his spellbook.

A better view of the overall figure...


One of my 3 Great Cannons and the ragtag crew of gunners who operate it.

A few shots of the individual crewmen.


And the gun herself, I really like my artillery on circle bases, works well and lets me use all the really fun twiddly bits that come with the kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment