Saturday, August 21, 2010

The Scene is Set for the First Session of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay


Okay, so here's the thing, I happen to be one of those people who despite my (and other people's) best efforts need to do things right, and of course by right I mean take it way further than is nessessary. Some people call it OCD, I prefer to think of this affliction as simply a keen attention to detail. Anyway this is a shot of the gaming table set up for the first session of Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay 3rd Edition I will be running this Weds evening with four good mates who have never experienced the setting before or me as a GM, so naturally if I want this to grow into a campaign (which I desperately do) I figured I would give 'em one hell of show. And yes, that is a heavy crossbow hanging behind the gargoyle.


Anyway now all I have to do is have my part as the GM down pat and I have a feeling this might be one of the more engaging first tastes to a setting my group will have ever had.

We will be running through the Eye for an Eye scenario found in the back of the Tome of Adventure with an agitator, roadwarden, troll-slayer, and scout. I will post bios for the characters when I get them finished, and a report of the session after we have it. I am interested to see how the players enjoy it, one hasnt played an rpg since AD&D 1st edition, another is a child of Vampire: the Masqerade, and two have spent the majority of thier gaming careers playing D&D 3.5 and now D&D 4e (two games I will never touch with a rat catcher's ten foot pole) so it should be very interesting to see what thier individual impressions are.

And a few close ups of the details:


No comments:

Post a Comment